Air Conditioning Installations & Maintenance in Sterling, VA
- Replace throwaway filters monthly. Summer introduces numerous dust and airborne substances. Good filtration provides cleaner air quality.
- Set your thermostat at as high a temperature as comfortably possible in the summer, and ensure humidity control if needed. The smaller the difference between the indoor and outdoor temperatures, the lower your overall cooling bill will be..
- Avoid setting your thermostat at a colder setting than normal when you turn on your air conditioner. It will not cool your home any faster and could result in excessive cooling and, therefore, unnecessary expense.
- Keeping the thermostat at “auto” is the most efficient setting for your system. The fan operates only when the temperature requires it. The only advantage to using the “on” setting is that the air is continuously filtered, providing an even temperature throughout the house. The disadvantage is that the continuous running of the system will lessen the life of the motor.
- Consider using an interior fan along with your window air conditioner to spread the cooled air through your home without greatly increasing your power use.
- Avoid placing appliances that give off heat such as lamps or TVs near a thermostat.
- Change your batteries within your thermostat once a year. By doing so, you avoid paying someone else to do it for you when your ac stops working.
- Once a month during the summer months, you can wash the debris buildup on your ac with a water hose, it will help keep your ac cool and your home.
- If your electrical bills seem to be going up, chances are it maybe a good time to upgrade your air conditioner.
*Offer good on fully operational units only.